The 21st International Swiss Climate Summer School focuses on the theme “Climate-Water-Energy-Food-Nexus”. The purpose of this highly interdisciplinary summer school is to bring early stage researchers in touch with established scientists from different disciplines to bridge the topic of climate change with sustainable development goals strongly focusing on social, economic, and humanity aspects. The main questions to be addressed in the keynote lectures and discussed in smaller groups within the planned workshops are:
- What is the impact of the changing climate on the water, energy and food systems?
- What is the adaptation potential of the water, energy and food systems coping with climate stress?
- How can we create innovation across the climate, water, energy, and food systems for them to be co-beneficial for sustainable development goals and transformation towards a net zero society?
- How can achieving climate mitigation and adaptation goals have positive spill-overs on the water, energy and food systems?
- What are the ethical and societal implications when we take the nexus approach seriously and consider the climate, water, energy, and food systems together?
Find more information:
Application deadline: 17th February 2023